World Ocean's Day 2019 - "Together We Can Protect and Restore Our Ocean"
In 2018, Reef Check Brunei collaborated with Kaleidoscope Studio (KS.bn) to put together our first World Ocean's Day event- an annual global event that brings about people around the world to celebrate and honor the ocean. This 29th and 30th June, we team up again for our 2nd World Ocean's Day event which we hope will become a yearly event for Brunei Darussalam. For 2 days, a series of activities and talks that will address the threats our local seas face and share how the community can contribute with some calls to action and by working with local social enterprises to fundraise. Our goal is to create a movement powered by people that are environmentally conscious, inspire individuals to be more involved in volunteerism and social entrepreneurship and continuously improve and grow the event in the following years.
- Highlight the Marine Biodiversity Centre and raise public interest to visit
- Encourage community involvement in Environmental efforts
- Fundraise for Reef Check Brunei Programmes + Coral Display at MBC
- Create a space for NGOs to connect and engage with the public
- Highlight local and regional issues on marine environment
- Art for positive change - work with artists to communicate the message and reach new audiences - exchanges with artists, scientists and public
- Support social enterprises