Stop Depletion of Fish Stocks
Stop Ocean Acidification by Reducing Carbon Emissions
- Pledge 2: Choose an energy efficient vehicle.
- Pledge 5: Conserve water (shorter showers, turn off tap when brushing teeth etc). It takes a lot of energy to pump, treat and heat water.
- Pledge 6: Waste less food. Agriculture and food production uses vast amounts of carbon dioxide.
Stop Plastic Marine Debris
- Pledge 1: Refuse plastic drinking straws.
- Pledge 3: Carry a reusable water bottle.
- Pledge 4: Choose biodegradable or reusable cutlery and plates over plastic.
- Pledge 5: Dispose of plastics properly; don't flush (e.g. Q-tips, sanitary products or sticking plasters).
- Pledge 8: Reuse, recycle and opt for no packaging when possible
Stop Pollution of the Ocean by Contaminants
- Pledge 2: Dispose of chemicals properly.
- Pledge 3: Avoid foods treated with synthetically manufactured pesticides.