A skinny girl with lots of family
Stop Depletion of Fish Stocks
- Pledge 3: Ask about the sustainability of seafood before you order in restaurants.
- Pledge 4: Learn more about the fishing and aquaculture sectors so you can make informed choices.
Stop Ocean Acidification by Reducing Carbon Emissions
- Pledge 1: Think before driving. Explore transportation alternatives to reduce fuel consumption.
- Pledge 4: Reduce your energy use at home (think insulation, turning off lights, shorter cycles on washing machines).
- Pledge 5: Conserve water (shorter showers, turn off tap when brushing teeth etc). It takes a lot of energy to pump, treat and heat water.
- Pledge 6: Waste less food. Agriculture and food production uses vast amounts of carbon dioxide.
Stop Plastic Marine Debris
- Pledge 1: Refuse plastic drinking straws.
- Pledge 3: Carry a reusable water bottle.
- Pledge 4: Choose biodegradable or reusable cutlery and plates over plastic.
- Pledge 6: Use reusable shopping bags over disposable plastic bags.
- Pledge 8: Reuse, recycle and opt for no packaging when possible
Stop Pollution of the Ocean by Contaminants
- Pledge 2: Dispose of chemicals properly.
- Pledge 5: Dispose of unused medicines responsibly; don't flush them. Return them to your local pharmacy.